New Kitten!
Yesterday afternoon Fitzy and I walked over to the Humane Society (an hour walk from home) to pick out a kitten. I had very quickly picked out a lovely little gray tabby. They told me they found his litter in a meadow and that he was 7 weeks old and he weighs about 1 & 1/2 pounds.. They took us into a quiet room to get to know one another, and from the time I first held him he wouldn't stop purring. He sat on my lap and purred. He crawled up onto my shoulder and purred. He purred and he purred and he purred. Even the girl that worked there was commenting on it. He just absolutely melted my heart.
We went through all the paperwork and got him microchiped. Then I got to take my little kitten home with me. They put him in a carry box, but since we had to take a cab home (5 min ride) and they don't allow pets, I just slipped him into my backpack, being very careful in carrying the bag. He just curled up and slept on the ride, and the cabby was none the wiser. Got him home, and played and cuddled with him all evening before I had to go to work. He follows me in and out of every room.
This morning I woke up and he curled up on my chest and purred and purred. I've decided to name him Rumble. Seems appropriate. He's just adorable. When I have the ability to upload pictures again (ie: when my laptop is functional/replaced) I'll post some of him.
We went through all the paperwork and got him microchiped. Then I got to take my little kitten home with me. They put him in a carry box, but since we had to take a cab home (5 min ride) and they don't allow pets, I just slipped him into my backpack, being very careful in carrying the bag. He just curled up and slept on the ride, and the cabby was none the wiser. Got him home, and played and cuddled with him all evening before I had to go to work. He follows me in and out of every room.
This morning I woke up and he curled up on my chest and purred and purred. I've decided to name him Rumble. Seems appropriate. He's just adorable. When I have the ability to upload pictures again (ie: when my laptop is functional/replaced) I'll post some of him.
