Presentation
Tomorrow afternoon (okay, really later today, but I haven't slept yet so it's still tomorrow) I have a group presentation to give. I hate group presentations. Give me a solo presentation or an essay over this junk anyday. There are always people that don't pull their weight, people that freak out, people that mess up, people that lose your points. I know that teachers do it so that they have less marking, and to build group skills, and get kids that don't do as well with "leaders".
Being a leader myself, I have to say that I HATE it. I don't need some idiot to bring me down. Why should my grades have to suffer for his/her incompetence? Yes, it's a selfish attitude, but darn it, I deserve the grades!
Sigh. Oh well. I'll get through this yet. And it's the last group presentation I have this term so it's really not as bad as it could be. I'm actually kind of excited, but mostly I want to just have it over with. We're doing it on Gang Baptism as a rite of passage. ie: gang initiations.
I'm making an overhead that reads "gang baptism" in graffiti to use as a stencil so I can write it on the board (creative, no?). And then we have pictures of alcohol, drugs, tattooing, beating, etc to put up too. Not to mention movie clips from 3 films. We're rocking it really.
I'll let you all know how it goes!
Being a leader myself, I have to say that I HATE it. I don't need some idiot to bring me down. Why should my grades have to suffer for his/her incompetence? Yes, it's a selfish attitude, but darn it, I deserve the grades!
Sigh. Oh well. I'll get through this yet. And it's the last group presentation I have this term so it's really not as bad as it could be. I'm actually kind of excited, but mostly I want to just have it over with. We're doing it on Gang Baptism as a rite of passage. ie: gang initiations.
I'm making an overhead that reads "gang baptism" in graffiti to use as a stencil so I can write it on the board (creative, no?). And then we have pictures of alcohol, drugs, tattooing, beating, etc to put up too. Not to mention movie clips from 3 films. We're rocking it really.
I'll let you all know how it goes!
