mantra

Friday, March 31, 2006

My New Title

I checked my email this morning, and sitting in the inbox was what I thought to be a newsletter from the Anthropology Society, our campus club. I get these periodically and always skim through them. When I opened it, however, I found that it was not a newsletter, but an email from the president of the society, inviting me to be on the executive for next year. My position would be an "Advocacy Officer" and I would be responsible for organizing several smaller awareness initiatives throughout the year. He says, and I quote, "If you're interested, I think that you would be perfect for doing this". How's about that? Obviously I said yes.

Is there an opposite expression for "when it rains it pours"? Because I am having a run of good luck here! Two great papers back, a public thumbs up from the chair of my department, and now this!