New Addition
Today I opened the walksafe office (early dispatchers get the keys from security and unlock it) and found, much to my horror and surprise, an abandoned pet. Sitting in a small pool of dirty water was a small goldfish no bigger than a goldfish cracker. He was sitting at the bottom of the murky pool, and didn't so much as move a millimeter when the glass was tapped.
Next to this sad, pathetic looking fish, was a sign that read "please feed me and give me a home" on one side and "please do not kill me" on the other. Feeling pity for this small creature that has been left, I'm now told, for three days on this desk without fresh water or food, I promptly announced that I would take it home with me. Fitzy ever so kindly ran out and purchased fish food for me which I sprinkled liberally on the waters surface. I then -- being unable to properly change his water here -- stirred the bowl gently with a paintbrush to oxygenate the water.
The new addition to my family then, is a small but determined goldfish I have named Proteus. Maybe by taking him in and giving him care, Proteus will grow to love me and provide me with knowledge about the future.
Proteus gobbled down some food, as much as a goldfish can gobble, and is now happily swimming in circles.
Next to this sad, pathetic looking fish, was a sign that read "please feed me and give me a home" on one side and "please do not kill me" on the other. Feeling pity for this small creature that has been left, I'm now told, for three days on this desk without fresh water or food, I promptly announced that I would take it home with me. Fitzy ever so kindly ran out and purchased fish food for me which I sprinkled liberally on the waters surface. I then -- being unable to properly change his water here -- stirred the bowl gently with a paintbrush to oxygenate the water.
The new addition to my family then, is a small but determined goldfish I have named Proteus. Maybe by taking him in and giving him care, Proteus will grow to love me and provide me with knowledge about the future.
Proteus gobbled down some food, as much as a goldfish can gobble, and is now happily swimming in circles.
