mantra

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tests and Gym-goings

Tomorrow I have a test. I have a test in my course on the Mediterranean. I have a test on the readings for the course. I have a test on the readings from the course package that I haven't bought yet. I have a test on the readings from the course package that I haven't bought yet because it's out of stock at the bookstore. I have a test on the readings from the course package that's out of stock at the bookstore and out on loan from the library reserves and has been for the past 2 hours.

I am so screwed. How much about the Mediterranean do we think I can fudge?

On the plus side, I went to the gym today and biked for 20 minutes, regardless of the fact that for some reason our athletic complex has decided to discontinue towel rentals and I was dripping sweat in the most disgusting and unladylike way. More to the point, I didn't care that I was dripping sweat and in a state of appearance that wouldn't have landed me a date with a gnat. Unlike some of the premadonna Kimmies running around here ("look at me; I'm an underweight blonde cheerleader; let's get drunk and screw!), I really don't give a flying F what I look like at the gym. You should see the amount of primping that goes on in the locker room. It's disgusting. What's the point? You're just going to sweat off that makeup, sugar bum, and if you're not working hard enough to sweat, what the heck is the point of going to the gym? Hello!

But seriously, what sort of gym discontinues towel rentals?