mantra

Friday, June 23, 2006

Licensed Baked Goods

This morning I took Adam to get his G1, which is the equivalent of a Learner's Permit, basically. He can now drive as long as the person sitting in the passenger's seat is a qualified driver with at least 4 years of driving experience. I also booked my final driving test that I've been putting off doing for a full year now. August 15th is the date.

While at the Ministry of Transportation and Licensing Bureau, I randomly ran into one of the girls I knew from high school. "Haley?" she screams across the foyer. Okay, she didn't really scream, she just has one of those loud carrying voices. My reply? "What the h*ll?" I was so surprised to see her. I can't say it was an unpleasant surprise, but she and I haven't been close since grade 10, nigh on 5 years ago now, and although we're both on each others msn, we haven't bothered to talk to each other in probably about a year. Generally the conversations had become her talking about her latest boy related issue, and me making tut-tut noises. I guess we just grew out of...out of what? Out of each other?

Now I've got Date Squares baking in the oven for the church pot luck lunch that's on Sunday. We're all supposed to bring a main dish and a desert, enough to feed our family. Since Emma is at a friend's cottage, the total church goers are myself and Grampa, so no matter what we bring will be too much. It is so darn hard to cook for two people. I guess that's kind of the point of these things though: having too much food for everyone. I was going to get Emma to make smartie (like an M&M, but Canadian and Better) chip cookies, but I forgot that she won't be there. Too bad.

Better rescue my squares.