mantra

Saturday, August 26, 2006

People and Boxes

Today there were adventures with friends to exotic places like Value Village where you can find yellow fuzzy sweatpants-gone-capris for $7, the perfect costuming for frosh week and that 80s retro night at the campus club. Also visited were the dollar store for blue and yellow pom-poms, and Dairy Queen for the much needed ice cream.

Of course, better than the shopping and the ice cream was seeing people that I hadn't seen since...well, okay, yesterday, but before that all summer!!! I missed people. It's so easy to lose contact over the summer months, but then once you see them again in the fall, it's just like before, only with wonderful tales of summer disasters and miracles.

Now, after an exciting trip to the Tim Hortons they're building a couple of blocks away to root through a dumpster for boxes - many, many boxes - I am now sitting here watching Jackie pack things and feeling almost useless. Yay! Hopefully the landlord will let us move in on the 29th (Tuesday) because I start training on the 30th for work. He said to call on Monday and see how he was doing with the cleanup/repairs, so cross your fingers folks! Otherwise it means awkward moving while I train and complicated unpacking while we do boot camp for frosh volunteers and then frosh week! Please, let us have the one day before the madness begins to settle in!