Illusive Day
Today began when, after munching down my bagel for breakfast, I decided I was tired of having to stop every three paces to brush the combined cat and dog fur from my feet. Dirty floors are one of those things that I just cannot stand. After sweeping up enough fur to create another cat (it's amazing how much those furry beasts shed), I saw the pile of embroidery floss that I've been meaning to organize, so sat down to separate it into the DMC and Anchor color codes. Each skein wrapped around a small card with it's color number written on it, and safely stored in the plastic boxes labeled DMC and Anchor, respectively, I became thirsty.
I wandered into the kitchen and while pouring myself a glass of water noticed that there were clean dishes in the dish rack. I put them away, and after re-hanging the dish towel that had been underneath them to soak up the errant water droplets, I noticed that the counter was kind of sticky. After pulling out the Comet and wiping down the counter I couldn't help but notice that it would look a lot nicer if the counter was clear of the few dirty dishes that were sitting atop of the never-functioning dishwasher that serves as counter space. While I was doing those, Rumble jumped up on the counter, put his paws up on my shoulder and mewed demandingly in my face. I let the water out of the sink and followed him as he ran for his food dish which -gasp - was out of kibble. I filled the dish and pet him as he chowed down. Looking down at my now cat-hair covered self, I got out the cat brush and brushed him, then tracked down Malika and brushed her.
Back into the living room, I pick up the tiny curtains I've been working on for my doll house. They promptly fell apart. Amid swearing I set about gluing them back together, a long and painstaking task. While the glue was drying I packed - I'm spending some time at Mum's and need things like clothes and books. I worked on my Geography lessons for a while, but came up with nothing for my lab assignment: Apply the perspective of 'writing the world' to a landscape of your choice and discuss how the dominant collective beliefs of the local society are 'written into' or reflected in this landscape. ie: 'How does the Canadian landscape reflect the idea of Christianity?'
I have now given up for the moment on this assignment and am merely waiting to be picked up by Mum. Isn't it interesting, though, how an entire day can disappear before you even really notice that it's there?
I wandered into the kitchen and while pouring myself a glass of water noticed that there were clean dishes in the dish rack. I put them away, and after re-hanging the dish towel that had been underneath them to soak up the errant water droplets, I noticed that the counter was kind of sticky. After pulling out the Comet and wiping down the counter I couldn't help but notice that it would look a lot nicer if the counter was clear of the few dirty dishes that were sitting atop of the never-functioning dishwasher that serves as counter space. While I was doing those, Rumble jumped up on the counter, put his paws up on my shoulder and mewed demandingly in my face. I let the water out of the sink and followed him as he ran for his food dish which -gasp - was out of kibble. I filled the dish and pet him as he chowed down. Looking down at my now cat-hair covered self, I got out the cat brush and brushed him, then tracked down Malika and brushed her.
Back into the living room, I pick up the tiny curtains I've been working on for my doll house. They promptly fell apart. Amid swearing I set about gluing them back together, a long and painstaking task. While the glue was drying I packed - I'm spending some time at Mum's and need things like clothes and books. I worked on my Geography lessons for a while, but came up with nothing for my lab assignment: Apply the perspective of 'writing the world' to a landscape of your choice and discuss how the dominant collective beliefs of the local society are 'written into' or reflected in this landscape. ie: 'How does the Canadian landscape reflect the idea of Christianity?'
I have now given up for the moment on this assignment and am merely waiting to be picked up by Mum. Isn't it interesting, though, how an entire day can disappear before you even really notice that it's there?
